- 1A relatively short waiting time (if any) for matching you up with a surrogate.
- 2Affordable costs
- 3Quality IVF labs and clinics with high success rates
Heterosexual married couples based on medical indications including:
- 1Absence of a uterus
- 2Deformation of the cavity or neck of the uterus due to congenital developmental defects or surgical treatments, and benign tumors that would result in an unsuccessful pregnancy;
- 3Structural-morphological or anatomic changes of endometrium, which has led to loss of receptivity.
- 4Serious somatic diseases – where carrying of a pregnancy threatens the health or life of the recipient, but does not influence the health of the future child;
- 5Repeated, unsuccessful IVF attempts (four or more) with repeated obtainment of high-quality embryos, the transfer of which did not lead to a pregnancy.
If you send Lotus power of attorney, notarized and Apostilled, we can sign all contracts on your behalf. We can assist you in shipping semen/embryos to start the program so no need to come to Ukraine before the birth of your baby.
This depends on the relationship between you and your surrogate and all of your expectations regarding contact. Some Intended Parents prefer less contact with their surrogate and some prefer to be more involved. It is important that these expectations are discussed with Lotus prior to matching with a surrogate to ensure a successful arrangement.
Most surrogates do not speak English; some speak Basic English. Lotus will assist you with calls and translation services with your surrogate.
Your surrogate will live at home and will continue to live there if she is located close to the birthing hospital. If your surrogate is from a regional area, she will move closer to the birthing hospital shortly before the third trimester (or earlier if medically indicated). The Intended Parents will rent an apartment for her, where she will live with her family, for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Lotus staff will supervise and support your surrogate during the pregnancy to ensure that she follows the orders of her attending physician.
Lotus will send you a report after each visits of your surrogate at the clinic, for a medical appointment. We will also maintain daily contact with your surrogate to insure her comfort and health.
- 1A healthy woman, ages 18-35
- 2Who has had a healthy child or children of her own;
- 3Has an absence of medical contraindications;
- 4Possesses moral and psychological stability, responsibility and a great desire to assist a childless family;
- 5Has an absence of any criminal background;
- 6Has written consent to carry from her husband if she is married;
- 7Has agreed to carry as a gestational surrogate only and not be genetically related to the child.
Lotus lawyers specializing in family and immigration law will take care of obtaining the documentation required to bring your child back home. Documentation includes the Birth Certificate with parents’ name with an official stamp (Apostille) required by most national authorities, translations of documents and more….
The surrogate has no parental rights over your child, at any stage throughout the process! In Ukraine, the law is unequivocal, stating that the prenatal and postnatal rights for the baby are held by the Intended Parents only.
Monetary compensation is the main reason that surrogates choose to carry children for others. Your surrogate receives final payment only after the baby is registered at your embassy and a travel document is issued in your baby’s name.
It usually takes 2-9 weeks, depending on your nationality and Embassy requirements/time frames for the issue of passport for your new born.
The surrogate receives compensation for carrying your child only after birth and after signing documentation to register the child. During the pregnancy, Intended Parents pay their surrogate a monthly allowance.
Lotus will endeavor to update Intended Parents as soon as information comes to hand. There may be slight delays if information needs to be translated.
It depends on the gestation of your surrogate and appointment/scan times. Lotus maintains daily contact with the clinic and we will update you with any developments as soon as is possible.
Yes. This forms part of the surrogates consents in her contract.
The surrogacy process is both legal and medical. It is important to remember that it involves parental rights, that must be defined in contracts.
You must insist on the following contracts, as part of the process:
- 1A notarized contract between you and your surrogate
- 2A contract between you and the fertility center
- 3A contract between you and the agency
Of course. Before signing a service agreement with Lotus, you will receive copies of all contracts outlined above.
You will need to apply to your nearest embassy a request to obtain citizenship and subsequently a passport for your child. Lotus will assist with all requirements needed to undertake this process.
At the airport, officials will check that the newborn has:
- 1Valid passport;
- 2No prohibitions on leaving the country;
- 3No violation of terms of stay in Ukraine.
If the baby meets these requirements, he/she can leave Ukraine. No exit visa is needed.
- 1Matching you up with a surrogate
- 2Matching you up with an egg donor
- 3Organizing your surrogate program
- 4Organization of the birth of your baby
- 5Translation of information and documentation to English
- 6Supervision and support for your surrogate
- 7Legal services
- 8Coordination of all logistics with our clinic, including appointments for and contact with your surrogate on daily basses.
- 9Assistance with all paperwork after birth for the Birth Certificate and exit process
- 10Assistance to find accommodation in Kiev